Today’s TOP News Updates (10-11-2020)
Today’s TOP News Updates (10-11-2020)
Hello Everyone Myself Swetha Ramesh. Do you know what happened today? Let us take a look into Today’s TOP News Updates (10-11-2020)
1. Nitish Kumar Or Tejashwi Yadav?: Bihar Counts Votes
- Bihar: Who rules Bihar will be decided very soon with votes cast in a 3-phase election being counted.
- CM Nitish Kumar, aiming for a 4th straight term, is being challenged by his former deputy, Tejashwi Yadav(age-31), the candidate of the Rashtriya Janata Dal, Congress and the Left alliance.
- Nitish Kumar made a shocking announcement on the last day of the campaign, that this would be his last election.
- Current update: MGB(Mahagathbandan)- 112, NDA (National Democratic Alliance)- 121.
2. Pfizer’s Ultra-Cold COVID-19 Vaccine: Needs -70 Degrees Celsius
- New York: U.S. stocks were sent to record highs, the data showed that the two companies experimental vaccine is 90% effective at preventing COVID-19.
- They are still awaiting data on safety, which will come later this month.
- Earlier on Monday, work to distribute the experimental COVID-19 vaccine developed by BioNTech and Pfizer Inc is gearing up after the companies announced successful interim data , but it will not be coming to local pharmacies for the general public soon.
3. 3,277 New Corona Cases in Maharashtra-lowest since June 23
- A great drop was shown in the daily count of new COVID-19 infections of the state and the city, as both reported around 3,000 and nearly 600 cases respectively on Monday.
- The state wasn’t able to share the number of deaths as well as the number of patients discharged due to citing technical difficulties.
- Among the fresh cases, Mumbai took the lead with 599 followed by Nashik with 341 and Nagpur with 300 while Thane had 184 new cases, all other districts had less than 100 each, State health department officials reported.
- Lowest in 139 days, last time the state had a lower figure was on June 23 with 3214 cases
4. CBI files FIR against Ezeego (Travels & Tours LTD) : Defrauding Rs 946 crore of Yes Bank
- A sister company of Cox and Kings Limited (Ezeego one), has been booked by CBI for defrauding Rs 946 crore of Yes Bank.
- The CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation), on the complaint of Yes Bank Limited, has filed an FIR against Ezeego One Travel & Tours
- Limited, a sister company of Cox and Kings LTD, for defrauding the bank of over Rs 900 crore.
- On February 14, 2020, the account wasreported as fraud to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) with an amount of Rs. 946.44 crore.
5. PM Narendra Modi, Chinese President Xi Jinping to attend virtual SCO summit
- On Tuesday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping are coming face-to-face at the virtual annual summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) amid the prolonged border standoff in Ladakh.
- On Friday, PM Modi will lead the Indian delegation at the summit, said the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
6. Ahmedabad 2nd Standard Student Enters Guinness Record- Youngest Programmer
- Ahmedabad: A six-year-old boy from Ahmedabad has entered Guinness World Record as the World’s Youngest Computer Programmer by clearing the Python programming language.
- The Class 2 student, Arham Om Talsanian at Pearson VUE test centre has cleared the Microsoft certification exam.
- Arham Talsania’s father Om Talsania who is a software engineer said that his son had developed an interest in coding and he taught him the basics of programming.
7. Time to lift IPL 2020 trophy now: MI vs DC
- The stage is set for best 2 teams in IPL 2020 to clash against each other for one last time. Mumbai Indians (4 time Chmpions) are set to face first-time finalists Delhi Capitals in Dubai International Cricket Stadium in few hours.
- Shots are already being fired from both the sides.
- MI captain captain Rohit Sharma has said that his team will have the psychological advantage over DC, whereas, DC coach Ricky Ponting has asserted that his team is the one which can spoil party for the MI’s.
- The final of IPL 2020 will be held in Dubai on Tuesday, November 10, where Delhi will face last year’s champion team Mumbai Indians.
- This season Delhi has played against Mumbai 3 times, and Rohit & Co. has won three times. At the same time, DC is going to play finals for the first time in the IPL.