Today’s TOP News Updates (24-11-2020)
Hello Everyone Myself Swetha Ramesh. Do you know what happened today? Let us take a look into Today’s TOP News Updates (24-11-2020)
1. Trump finally admits his defeat
- WASHINGTON: On Monday,after weeks of defiance, President Donald Trump allowed officials to proceed with a transition towards Joe Biden.
- By giving his Democratic access to funding and briefings even as he vowed to continue with efforts to fight the election results.
- Donald Trump has alleged all over voter fraud in the election which conducted on Nov 3 without providing evidence.
- Although Trump has not appreciated Biden victory, his announcement on Monday was very near to admitting defeat.
2. International Experts Expected Travel To China Soon: WHO
- Switzerland: Michael Rayan WHO emergency director told in a virtual press briefing on Monday that they have received reassurances from Beijing that foreign experts soon will be able to travel to China to help them in investigation of animal origins of Covid-19.
3. Policies Will Be Prepared To Control Stubble Burning
- New Delhi: On Monday, newly appointed Commission for Air Quality Management (AQM) said that it will take certain steps to decrease air pollution in the Delhi, which includes formulation of proper policies and certain strategies to control stubble burning.
4. Tribal Girl gets Raped by 4 persons: Chhattisgarh
- Kawardha :Police said on Monday that a 14 year old tribal girl was brutally raped by 4 unidentified persons in Kabirdham district, Chhattisgarh.
- The incident was took place on Sunday night when the girl had gone out with a male friend.
- Questioning some suspects but no arrest has been done so far, police said.
5. Remember Former Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi For His Smile, Commitment To People, says his son Gaurav Gogoi
- Guwahati: Former Assam chief minister Tarun Gogoi (age-86) passed away.
- He was battling for his life with post covid complications in a hospital for weeks, died due to multiple organ failure, states Health minister.
- His son also Loksabha MP Gaurab Gogoi said that Tarun Gogoi should be remembered for his smile also his ideals and commitment to the people of the state.
6. Chennai prepares itself for Cyclone Nivar
- According to Meteorological department, Wednesday Cyclone Nivar is expected to make landfall between Mamallapuram and Karaikkal.
- Wind speeds will be around 100-110km per hour. Preparations are because of the lessons learnt from 2 devastating cyclones which occurred in last 5 years.
7. Teenager run over by train while taking pictures: Bhopal
- Late Saturday evening 18 year old boy run over by a train in Bhopal while taking pictures, police said.The boy named Arib Khan, resident of Budaun in Uttar Pradesh.
- 15 days ago Arib shifted to Bhopal after taking admission in Bachelor of Pharmacy. Arib with his new friends was taking pictures in the railway track, his friends ran away by seeing the train’s arrival but Arib failed and run over by train.