Today’s TOP News Updates (04-11-2020)
Today’s TOP News Updates (04-11-2020)
Hello Everyone Myself Swetha Ramesh. Do you know what happened today? Let us take a look into Today’s TOP News Updates (04-11-2020)
1. US Election 2020 Results and Vote Counting Latest Updates
(Today’s TOP News Updates (04-11-2020))
- US Election 2020 Latest Updates: Joe Biden currently projected to 224 and Trump at 213.
- However likely there are tens of millions of postal ballots yet to be counted.
2. Arnab Goswami arrested; union ministers slam police (Today’s TOP News Updates (04-11-2020))
- Republic TV Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswami arrested for allegedly abetting suicide of a 53-year-old interior designer, says police.
- MUMBAI: Raigad Police wednesday early morning arrested Republic TV Editor- in-chief-Arnab Goswami and two others on charges of abetment to suicide of a 53-year old designer and his mother in 2018.
- Two people who were arrested are identified as Feroz Shaikh and Nitesh Sarda. Goswami was arrested from Worli while Feroz Shaikh from Kandivali and Nitesh Sarda from Jogeshwari.
- Arnab was arrested during a joint operation by Raigad police and Mumbai Police.
- A team consisting of API Sachin Waze took Arnab from his residence.
- The case pertains to suicide done by Anvay Naik, the director of architect firm Concord Design PVT Limited whom the channel reportedly owed Rs. 83 lakh for building the channel’s studio.
- Two other companies IcastX/Skimedia, and Smartworks also did not clear its dues.
- The three companies collectively owed Rs 5.40 crore, said the police.
3. Six people killed as godown catches fire in Ahmedabad; PM Narendra Modi pays condolences (Today’s TOP News Updates (04-11-2020))
- The godown was located on Pirana-Piplaj Road (Industrial Area).
- Ahmedabad: Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid his condolences on Wednesday (November 4, 2020) to the families of the folks that lost their lives when a number of a godown of chemicals reportedly collapsed after a strong explosion thanks to fire in Ahmedabad.
- PM Posted in Twitter his condolences towards their families.
- According to the most recent reports, six people are killed within the hearth , while eight others have sustained injuries.
4. Plea in SC seeks early hearing of petitions challenging abrogation of Article no. 370 (Today’s TOP News Updates (04-11-2020))
- New Delhi, Nov 4 (IANS): A plea has been moved within the Supreme Court seeking early hearing of petitions challenging the choice of Centre’s to revoke the provisions of the Constitution’s Article no. 370, granting special status to J&K, last year.
- The application moved by Shakir Shabir, one among the petitioners within the matter, argued that against the backdrop of repeated internet shutdowns
- In conjunction with other restrictions are damaging the economy, which is impacting the people of the state of J&K.
5. Coronavirus latest update: Study of dead patients lungs may shed light on ‘long Covid’.
- Study of the lungs of people who have died from Covid-19 virus has found persistent and severe lung damage in most cases.
- The findings may help doctors understand what’s behind “long Covid”.
- Growing evidence from round the world suggests that a little proportion of individuals who have had Covid-19 and recovered from their initial infection can experience a variety of ongoing symptoms including fatigue, brain fog and shortness of breath.
- India (confirmed cases)- 83,13,876
- World wide (confirmed cases)- 47,405,395
6. People of Bihar deserve recognition for voting amid COVID-19 pandemic: UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- Katihar (Bihar) November 4 (ANI): Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath addressed on Wednesday that the people of Bihar deserve recognition as they have begin to settle on this election amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Adityanath said at an election rally in Katihar that he has come here to especially appeal to us to exercise our franchise within the third phase of Bihar Polls 2020.
- Bihar people voted within the second phase of state assembly elections on Tuesday, 3rd phase on Nov 10th.
7. Maharashtra To Reopen The Cinema Halls With 50% Capacity From Tomorrow
- Cinema halls are finally set to reopen Thursday in Mumbai 50% Capacity, the remainder of Maharashtra after months of being pack up within the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.